Saturday, June 12, 2010

Kyle Draft #1 (8-4)

I guess I should actually post some of the drafts I do. Here is an RRR draft that I did with Drogie. He ended up being a few seats to my left, so no real shannagins occurred. The draft stared with my tradition, pick a green card over everything and try to go green ramp. Then it just got wild.

Pack 1, Pick 1:




My Pick:

Like I said, I take a green card over most. Domestication is probably a better uncommon, vendetta might be a better card also. Doesn't matter, sticking to the colors.
Pack 1, Pick 2:

My Pick:

I don't think Repacious one is that great. I would rather ramp into Cursher in my green deck.
Pack 1, Pick 3:

My Pick:

Nest Invader really doesn't do anything in the ramp deck. Crusher number 2 might be good, but I usually end up black for removal anyways, so this guy is very good.
Pack 1, Pick 4:

My Pick:

This card is just a bomb. I am not sure what could possibly have been in the pack to take over it. I don't know that there are many, if any commons or uncommons I would take over it.
Pack 1, Pick 5:

My Pick:

Well, green is open.
Pack 1, Pick 6:

My Pick:

I think this guy is underrated, but the pack is weak anyways.
Pack 1, Pick 7:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 8:

My Pick:

 I really hate this guy actually. I know everyone keeps talking about him so I figured I would take him and maybe the deck would end up that way.
Pack 1, Pick 9:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 10:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 11:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 12:

My Pick:

This card is very good in the ramp deck. Especially when my bomb is also colorless.
Pack 1, Pick 13:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 14:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 15:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 1:

My Pick:

Here is where things start to get a little weird. I am not sure what is a better splash, Brimstone Mage or Narcolepsy. I generally don't like blue and red might allow me to pick up more removal later to splash on top of this.
Pack 2, Pick 2:

My Pick:

Good thing I took the mage. There is also GGGGGGGG, but that is not needed when you can cast Crusher instead.
Pack 2, Pick 3:

My Pick:

This might be one of the worst packs I have seen in awhile. I don't like counters against my deck. Nothing else matters.
Pack 2, Pick 4:

My Pick:

A key to the deck. Will also let me splash the Mage/Staggershock easier.
Pack 2, Pick 5:

My Pick:

The other key to the strategy. Hopefully the 11 drop will table and I can pick up a little bit more ramp to play him.
Pack 2, Pick 6:

My Pick:

This card is very good in the deck, especially when I don't have a Wurm. The life gain is important in case you got overrun in the start of the game.
Pack 2, Pick 7:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 8:

My Pick:

Hate.
Pack 2, Pick 9:

My Pick:

Now I can definitely play 3 colors with no problems.
Pack 2, Pick 10:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 11:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 12:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 13:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 14:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 15:

My Pick:

TABLE.You guys have to move to build. Suckers....
Pack 3, Pick 1:

My Pick:

There are a lot of viable options. I don't like the Bear Umbra, and the black leveler is not really what the ramp deck needs. Preadator might be better, but idk.
Pack 3, Pick 2:

My Pick:

As I voted, I think vendetta is better then Staggershock.
Pack 3, Pick 3:

My Pick:

I have a lot of early removal now, I should not get overrun.
Pack 3, Pick 4:

My Pick:

Probably better then the 11 drop
Pack 3, Pick 5:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 6:

My Pick:

This pack is stacked still! I wonder what was taken so far. This guy is very good and should give me something to do with random spawn later.
Pack 3, Pick 7:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 8:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 9:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 10:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 11:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 12:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 13:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 14:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 15:

My Pick:



The deck ended up pretty wild. I was a little concerned with the mana, but with the two wilds, the growth, giant and the 2 ancient stirrings it should be fine. I can't play the bloodlord because of colors. The rest is pretty straight forward.

Round 1: This guy was a master. He had the impressive curve of Ogre sentry into Tuktuk into lizard. Not sure how I survived that one. I did get tucked a few times before I could really handle the 5/5. Eventually I played a crusher. He regressed. I played it again. He narcolepsyed it. I played another. He traded. I played another. It got him.

Game 2 wasn't much different. He played Battle Rampart into Lagac Lizard. Then missed his 5th land drop for some turns. He countered some Crushers. But the Broodwarden got him.

Round 2: He has a Wug aura deck with two spiritdancers. No Aura Gnarlids though. Game one I get greedy and get blown out. He has a Dawnglow Invoker with a +1/1 aura on it. I wait to Staggershock it until his eot. He playes Eel Umbra and I just am too far behind at that point. I end up one turn short on the Keening Stone. If I could have activated the turn it came it I would have been fine.

 SB: -1 Crusher +1 Leaf Arrow

G2 neither of us do anything real for the first few turns. The first creature is Nema Siltlurker, go ahead look it up...it is the green 3/5. Did I mention green was his splash? Nice deck. Anyways, he ends up playing a spiritdancer and cycling some auras. I untap, oust it and eventually get keening stone in play. He dies 3 turns later.

G3 is crazy. My had is all removal and no real action. I take some damage, he survival caches for some life and cards. It ends up that he has no action and I have Brimstone Mage. I have 3 removal spells in hand, but have no real need to play anything. I tempo loss myself a ton by leaving Vendetta open the entire game. I just slowly ping him down, knowing that I will eventually hit a finisher and he will die. I can probably just kill him with my tokens, Broodwarden and Magmaw, but doesn't matter. He eventually playes a crusher before me. I untap, draw my own, oust his and play mine. Next turn I finally attack him and he dies. Could have done that awhile ago, but more fun this way.... I split the finals for the QP against another GW aura deck. Could probably crush him, but drogie lost and I didn't really want to play anymore.

No comments: