Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Kai Draft #8 (8-4)

So after a weekend of drafting some nostalgic formats, it's time to get back to the grind. Still have over 30 qp's to go. Time to hit the RRR 8-4 queues.

Pack 1, Pick 1:




My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 2:

My Pick:


Yea, I mispicked. I should've gone all in for 15/15. Wait to see the final deck to judge that statement.
Pack 1, Pick 3:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 4:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 5:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 6:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 7:

My Pick:


Looking to start going into jund ramp.
Pack 1, Pick 8:

My Pick:


Late Oust, but we're committed colorwise more or less.
Pack 1, Pick 9:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 10:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 11:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 12:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 13:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 14:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 15:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 1:

My Pick:


Rapacious One and Staggershock just aren't on the same level. This guy is the real deal. He's near impossible to kill (not pacify) and his effect is tremendous. An average flip for 6 will be worth your next 3 turns anyways. And he clocks ridiculously fast.
Pack 2, Pick 2:

My Pick:


Win cons are all set.
Pack 2, Pick 3:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 4:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 5:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 6:

My Pick:


The Keening Stone is obviously more powerful, but we're already set on win cons. The grey ogre can help against early aggro and provides an overrun effect with any tokens we have.
Pack 2, Pick 7:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 8:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 9:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 10:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 11:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 12:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 13:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 14:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 15:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 1:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 2:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 3:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 4:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 5:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 6:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 7:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 8:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 9:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 10:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 11:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 12:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 13:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 14:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 15:

My Pick:


The Deck:

Round 1: U/W Levelers
Game 1: I'm on the play and mulligan a one lander into 5 lands Evolving Wilds. I keep. My opponent concedes on his turn 2. Guess he just had the fear.

Game 2: He has Cryptologist on 1 and I am unable to find an answer. He shows 2 Mammoth Umbras and multiple 1 toughness beaters before I die.

SB: +1 Shrivel +1 Battle Rampart -1 Ulamog's Crusher - Raid Bombardment.

Game 3: He plays some small creatures which I brickwall with Battle Rampart. He Domesticates it. I play another Rampart and he does nothing. Hasty Crusher causes the concession.

Round 2: G/B tokens
Game 1: He plays a Wildheart Invoker and Snake Umbra. I have multiple Hatchers to chump with tokens. He Induce Despairs my Demon revealing Spawnsire. I fail to draw any nonland cards and die to trampling Invoker many turns later. He played no creatures Consume could kill.

SB: +1 Shrivel -1 Consume the Meek
Game 2: I curve out Last Kiss on 3, Hatcher on 5, Essence Feed on 6, Gelatinous Genesis for 6 6/6's on 7.

Game 3:
Drew the forest.

Finals: brian e with R/B

brian e is a known ringer so I asked him if he wanted the split but we both wanted the QP. He declined to prize split and play just for QP, so it was time to teach some lessons.

Game 1: He had Zulaport Enforcer on 1 and Zof Shade on 5. I played a turn 5 Drone and turn 6 Demon. He swung with Zof Shade so I blocked with Drone and he pumped twice. I swung back with Demon and hit Crusher, Flame Slash, and Battle Rampart. He conceded.

Game 2:

I upkeeped the Consume for value.

Lesson taught.

No comments: