Thursday, May 27, 2010

Kelley Draft #2 (8-4)

Pack 1, Pick 1:




My Pick:




Was torn between this guy and Hellion Eruption.  I know Eruption has more raw power, but it pretty much takes the token deck to make it insane.  I ended up playing the guy with it R1 and still won.

Pack 1, Pick 2:


My Pick:


I do love Thought Gorger but Treespeaker is just insane.

Pack 1, Pick 3:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 4:

My Pick:


Decided Regress was better then Sea Gate Oracle.

Pack 1, Pick 5:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 6:

My Pick:


I love this equipment!  Renders Guard Duty useless and is almost as good as Bonesplitter.

Pack 1, Pick 7:

My Pick:


Thinking u/w skies right now.

 Pack 1, Pick 8:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 9:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 10:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 11:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 12:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 13:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 14:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 15:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 1:

My Pick:


Ding!  On playable insane Mythic.

Pack 2, Pick 2:

My Pick:


Sticking to the colors...

Pack 2, Pick 3:

My Pick:


Rancid pack so I went for the hatedraft.

Pack 2, Pick 4:

My Pick:


I love Skyscout but Teacher has some potential.  Just need some more levelers.

Pack 2, Pick 5:

My Pick:


There's that Skyscout I wanted :)

Pack 2, Pick 6:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 7:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 8:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 9:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 10:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 11:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 12:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 13:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 14:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 15:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 1:

My Pick:


I think most people would take Domestication here but I am greedy.

Pack 3, Pick 2:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 3:

My Pick:


Nothing too insane for me in this pack to pass 7 tix.  Not sure why this guy is still in the pack.  4/8 people at least were in red at the table.

Pack 3, Pick 4:

My Pick:


That sure is nice.

Pack 3, Pick 5:

My Pick:


Hated it out over Smite.

Pack 3, Pick 6:

My Pick:


Glad I got my value antelope :)

Pack 3, Pick 7:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 8:

My Pick:


Why is this so late?!


Pack 3, Pick 9:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 10:

My Pick:


Tabled?  Yes plz.

Pack 3, Pick 11:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 12:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 13:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 14:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 15:

My Pick:



--------

So I ended up with a u/w skies deck with some levelers but not that many.

First round I played a rancid b/g/r deck that was playing subpar cards like Akoum Boulderfoot, Raid Bombardment, and 2x Brood Birthing.  I actually lost a game because I drew really bad and he Explosive Revelationed me for three when i was at three the turn before he was dead.  Won in 3 games, he only had one Induce Despair.

Second round I played another b/g/r deck this time with better cards, Heat Ray/Flame Slash/Induce Despair for removal.  He played Hellion Eruption and I had to double Narcolepsy two of them.  He just couldn't block skies though and I raced him G1.  G2 I kept mana up for a Deprive that stopped his removal, and he died next turn (also had an active Dawnglare Invoker).  Guard Duty stopped his Ulamog's Crusher.

Third Round I played a u/b deck that had Vendetta, Regress, and Induce Despair.  Oh yeah, G1 he had triple Consuming Vapors (I'm not kidding).  He cast it on my Dawnglare Invoker, then rebought it with Mnemonic Wall, and then used it on other flier, then I thought I topdecked Student of Warfare ftw but he blocked with wall, rebought wall with Cadaver Imp and got back Vapors again.  I had two turns to draw another creature but of course I drew land and lost.  G2 I got mana screwed, kept a marginal two Plains hand and didn't draw another land by T3.  I just scooped.

2 comments:

mikeshentu said...

Isn't Oust better than Dawnglare Invoker?

WhatALuckyTopdeck said...

While Oust is pretty good, Dawnglare Invoker is pretty insane. Could go either way I guess.