Monday, May 31, 2010

Dan Draft #4

Pack 1, Pick 1:



My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 2:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 3:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 4:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 5:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 6:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 7:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 8:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 9:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 10:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 11:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 12:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 13:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 14:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 15:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 1:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 2:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 3:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 4:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 5:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 6:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 7:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 8:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 9:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 10:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 11:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 12:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 13:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 14:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 15:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 1:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 2:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 3:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 4:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 5:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 6:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 7:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 8:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 9:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 10:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 11:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 12:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 13:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 14:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 15:

My Pick:



 I felt like this draft ended in a trainwreck. My deck seemed unimpressive. I may love UGx too much in this format, but I’m not sure. I just keep seeing Guard Gomazoa’s and Narcolepsy’s go too late. Comments on my draft picks would be much approved.
1 Deprive
1 Sea Gate Oracle
1 Gigantomancer
1 Recurring Insight
1 Deathless Angel
1 Stomper Cub
1 Prophetic Prism
1 Oust
1 Dreamstone Hedron
1 Mountain
6 Forest
1 Pathrazer of Ulamog
1 Regress
2 Guard Gomazoa
1 Ancient Stirrings
6 Island
2 Evolving Wilds
2 Narcolepsy
1 Skywatcher Adept
3 Plains
1 Growth Spasm
1 Flame Slash
1 Runed Servitor
1 Nest Invader
1 Beastbreaker of Bala Ged
Sideboard 1 Soulsurge Elemental
1 Brood Birthing
1 Raid Bombardment
1 Bramblesnap
1 Nema Siltlurker
1 Lightmine Field
1 Enatu Golem
1 Puncturing Light
1 Prey's Vengeance
1 Lavafume Invoker
1 Forest
1 Zulaport Enforcer
1 Swamp 1 Swamp
1 Eel Umbra
1 Island 1 Mountain
1 Mammoth Umbra
1 Bloodrite Invoker
1 Reinforced Bulwark
1 Umbra Mystic

 Long story short, I ended up losing in the finals.  Sorry about the lack of gameplay walkthroughs, but I lost the replays.  Every game went like this: Guard Gomazoa was big blocks, no crocs...big dudes got Narcolepsy'ed, and guys got pumped by Gigantomancer.
Opponent in finals was awful, but cast Gelatinous Genesis in both of the games he won…

2 comments:

Matt McCullough said...

You somehow managed to not stick to the colors, but still ship the nuts. Well done.

Also, wtf is up with guard gomazoa pick 3? seriously? There are 2 on color cards that are better, and the UG deck doesn't want to be on team big blocs.

Don't get me wrong, it's nice to get 8th pick skywatch adepts and 13th pick sea gate oracles. However, throughout this entire draft you have no commitment to an archtype, taking random cards, like the deathless angel, that are neither on color or fit the game plan.

I also like the lack of game replays. Helps to hide the fact that none of your opponents ever did anything until the finals, and died to your bombs.

Draft more planeswalkers next time.

WhatALuckyTopdeck said...

Definitely don't like P1P2 Growth Spasm. Why are you sticking to the colors there? Dawnglare Invoker is the best card in the pack and I even like the Teacher as a better pick if you are feeling spicy.

Agree with Matt on P1P3, Boar Umbra and green invoker are much better then Guard Gomozoa here.

I also think you should give some pick by pick analysis and not just write at the end of the draft. Sucks you had to hate the angel instead of something relevant there. Guess that pushed you to then splash for white, but I would have been in white in the beginning most likely with the invoker.