Thursday, May 27, 2010

Kai Draft #3 (8-4)

This is a draft that I did with Jacob also in the same queue. He was seated two to my right.


Pack 1, Pick 1:



My Pick:


I'm not sure on this pick still. Boar Umbra is pretty insane if the extra mana does something. Would be extremely useful in getting invokers active early and synergistic with levelers. Should've taken it just to see it in gameplay, have gone the Artisan path many times.
Pack 1, Pick 2:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 3:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 4:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 5:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 6:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 7:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 8:

My Pick:


R/G/B ramp it is.
Pack 1, Pick 9:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 10:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 11:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 12:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 13:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 14:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 15:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 1:

My Pick:


The pick is between Mage, Treespeaker, and Vendetta. Treespeaker is always good for ramping but probably replaceable. Vendetta and Mage both have unique effects. I take the one that's an activated ability to shaft any U/W drafters. Probably wrong. Vendetta is too efficient.
Pack 2, Pick 2:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 3:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 4:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 5:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 6:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 7:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 8:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 9:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 10:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 11:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 12:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 13:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 14:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 15:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 1:

My Pick:


Should've taken Pestilence Demon. It's the best Eldrazi level spell in the format. I was too enamored with my red, which sucked anyways.
Pack 3, Pick 2:

My Pick:


At least I got that signal loud and clear.
Pack 3, Pick 3:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 4:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 5:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 6:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 7:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 8:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 9:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 10:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 11:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 12:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 13:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 14:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 15:

My Pick:


Deck:
5 Swamp
2 Mountain
10 Forest
1 Evolving Wilds
1 Guul Draz Assassin
1 Overgrown Battlements
1 Ogre Cleaver
1 Naturalize
1 Perish the Thought
1 Brimstone Mage
2 Daggerback Basilisk
1 Growth Spasm
2 Wildheart Invoker
2 Ondu Gaint
1 Kozilek's Predator
1 Corpsehatch
1 Dread Drone
1 Jaddi Lifestrider
1 Rapacious One
1 Pelakka Wurm
1 Skittering Invasion
2 Artisan of Kozilek

The deck was pretty self explanatory. The only removal were Guul Draz Assassin, Brimstone Mage, and Corpsehatch. I had plenty to ramp into but the early game was weak. My opponent was Gruul aggro and killed me with Might of the Masses games 1 and 3.

No comments: