Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Kai Draft #28 (ME4 8-4)

Team Wild strikes again! This time bringing you a Master's Edition 4 draft. Enjoy!

Pack 1, Pick 1:




My Pick:


The best cards here are Juggernaut and Cloud Spirit. Juggs is more flexible.
Pack 1, Pick 2:

My Pick:


The pack is some mediocre to slightly above average durdles, and one of the absolute best cards against artifact heavy decks. We took the massive trump over 5 mana 4/4.
Pack 1, Pick 3:

My Pick:


Good in the long game.
Pack 1, Pick 4:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 5:

My Pick:


Blue appears to be open.
Pack 1, Pick 6:

My Pick:


Matt wanted to to take 4/5 here. Having the land is more important if we're planning to move in.
Pack 1, Pick 7:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 8:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 9:

My Pick:


Back on the plan.
Pack 1, Pick 10:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 11:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 12:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 13:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 14:

My Pick:

Pack 1, Pick 15:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 1:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 2:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 3:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 4:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 5:

My Pick:


We're looking at U/b control here.
Pack 2, Pick 6:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 7:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 8:

My Pick:


And we're back on the plan.
Pack 2, Pick 9:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 10:

My Pick:


This card seems insane. We're going to have a lot of mana.
Pack 2, Pick 11:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 12:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 13:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 14:

My Pick:

Pack 2, Pick 15:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 1:

My Pick:


Was foil. Also, better than all blue cards combined.
Pack 3, Pick 2:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 3:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 4:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 5:

My Pick:


People apparently can not read. This card is bonkers.
Pack 3, Pick 6:

My Pick:


There, happy? Got your rhino Matt.
Pack 3, Pick 7:

My Pick:


And a second buddy for Matt.
Pack 3, Pick 8:

My Pick:


Pack 3, Pick 9:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 10:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 11:

My Pick:


And here we have a full set of Tron.
Pack 3, Pick 12:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 13:

My Pick:


Man, how lucky. Tabled a 1/3.
Pack 3, Pick 14:

My Pick:

Pack 3, Pick 15:

My Pick:


Better than it appears.




We didn't play the 5th Tower. Had some color requirements so we wanted the 5th Mountain.

Round 1: mgrahamg with B/R dudes

Game 1: We play Bird Maiden into Clockwork Swarm. Our opponent plays Dragon Engine into Aladdin into Wicked Pact. We go to game 2 a few turns later.

Game 2: He plays turn 2 Gate to Phyrexia. And follows up with Wicked Pact a few turns later.

Game 3: Oh wait, we won both the other two games. Our opponent was not acquainted how to correctly hate out the artifact deck.

Colored spells are for bitches. That Rhino is a 12/13 from Coral Helm activated 4 times.

Round 2: mattlewis with R/W aggro

Game 1: He plays some rancid dorks. We brickwall him with Clockwork Swarm. Some Rhinos later he is in rough shape. He plays 2x Righteous Charge to give his team +4/+4, but we have Pentagram of the Ages to survive at 2.

Game 2: He has Divine Offering for our Dragon Engine. When we block his Goblin Bully with Bird Maiden, he blows us out with Healing Salve. When we finally draw a guy, he Artifact Blasts it. And Bully plus rando flier gets us.

Game 3: We board in the 5th Tower and go up to 21 lands, boarding out Coral Helm and Primitive Justice for Urza's Chalice. We draw Chalice at 6 life, with active Ring. We can only attack with one guy as we have to play around Righteous Charge and have drawn a ton of land (We have approx 20 mana in play.) We finally draw a Rhino and a Pentagram off the Ring, cast both, gain 2, and still have Pentagram and Flying Carpet available to protect our life total. He concedes the next turn

Finals: we watched replays and he has 4BB: destroy all creatures your opponents control, lose 2 per creature destroyed this way. We arranged for a split and got the QP.

Lessons Taught.


No comments: